Newsarchiv LOGO

Mail Index

DevOps Software Engineer (m/f)

Date Tue, 16 Apr 2019 16:56:40 +0000 (UTC)
From Gerald Senarclens de Grancy <gerald.senarclens***AT***timetac.com>
Subject DevOps Software Engineer (m/f)
Newsgroups tu-graz.anzeigen.arbeitsmarkt
Organization Technische Universitaet Graz
To gerald.senarclens***AT***timetac.com
User-agent Pan/0.144 (Time is the enemy; 28ab3ba git.gnome.org/pan2)
Xref archive tu-graz.anzeigen.arbeitsmarkt:11796

# DevOps Software Engineer (m/f)

TimeTac is hiring a DevOps Engineer! You’ll be an important part of our
engineering team, working with our development teams to scale and
optimize web-based and mobile time tracking systems used by more than
100,000 parallel users worldwide.

## About our Culture

### Respect and Appreciation

Positive appreciation for colleagues is an important basis for our
cooperation. Respect and openness towards other cultures, mutual support
and a friendly working relationship are essential for successfully
working together.

### Collaboration and Trust

Mutual trust allows us to develop and innovate. To achieve mutual trust,
we establish reliability, honesty, openness and regular communication in
our work.

### Customer and Success Orientation

We see no conflict of interests with a relaxed, friendly working
environment and professional work. Happiness in the workplace, ambition
and continual development are the prerequisites for perfect software
solutions and satisfied customers.

## Your Future Role

You are responsible for improving our container based development
environment and automating deployment workflows. You collaborate with
external systems engineers on a daily basis to further increase the
performance and reliability of our production systems.

You should be passionate about advancing systems and infrastructure to
help build a reliable and enjoyable product. The following are your core
responsibilities:

* Conception and maintenance of server architectures
* Implementation of best practices with regard to CI/CD processes
* Use automation to improve development and deployment workflows
* Complete troubleshooting across all systems, layers and platforms
* Build tools and processes to help detect and respond timely to
operational issues
* Strive for security, speed, reliability and testability
* Work with our modern metrics and logging infrastructure

Ideally, you will offer

* A track record of maintaining large scale web applications
* Performance optimisation on application and database levels
* Experience of high-load systems and performance optimisation

We’re not expecting expertise in each category. You’ll be working with a
team of talented engineers that are willing and able to help and
collaborate. In the end we’re looking for someone who has a passion for
quickly leveraging and optimizing new technology, implementing best
practices, and helping to build a world-class system at scale.

## Our Stack

**Debian, CoreOS** - deployed operating systems
**Jenkins, BitBucket, Docker** - continuous integration and deployment
**MySQL, Redis, etcd** - data persistence
**Python, PHP, Bash, Go** - scripting and automation
**Ansible** - configuration management and provisioning
**Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK stack), Prometheus** -
monitoring

We use JIRA, Slack, Google Docs and Google Meet to get our work done.

## How We Work

Being part of TimeTac’s engineering team means you'll be executing your
craft and shipping improvements every day, so this isn't a management
position. Our staff values and embraces agile software development
practices. We want our engineers to make an impact on the TimeTac
products. This means you're not just implementing other’s specifications.
We expect a high level of engagement with decision-making.

All internal communication is done in English. You are expected to
propose, develop and defend ideas, make suggestions and communicate these
in designated meetings. We value mutual consensus.

We do code-reviews, pair-programming, and use every opportunity to teach
and learn.

## About You

Above all, you enjoy building things. And you have experience doing so -
whether that’s applications, libraries or plugins.

You’re both a teacher and a learner. You’re not afraid to ask for help or
to admit when someone may know more than you. You are thankful for
others’ help and have the desire to help others level up. You are
comfortable communicating in English.

You have experience working with cross-functional teams and are a good
communicator. You can document a problem, and clearly outline a solution.
You’re not afraid to distill things into plain English for teammates.

You want to work on a product you can be proud of that impacts thousands
of people.

## About TimeTac

TimeTac is a continually growing and innovative software company with a
focus on developing and providing web-based and mobile time tracking
solutions. The products of TimeTac are among the leading cloud
applications in the categories of time tracking and absence planning
solutions in the German speaking markets.

Based in Graz, Austria, TimeTac was founded in 2003 and has been steadily
growing. We have always put particular care in selecting employees to not
only be highly skilled but also match with and share the values of our
culture. We come from 11 different countries and speak 9 different
languages. All internal communication is done in English.

At TimeTac, all of us have gotten to know each other, have grown together
and enjoy working with each other. Our growth happens organically. We are
completely independent of external investors and are building a product
and organization we are proud of and want to keep improving on.

## Benefits & Compensation

* Exciting tasks as part of a highly skilled and motivated team
* An open and personal working environment with mutual respect and
appreciation
* A modern office in the city centre of Graz with great facilities, in-
house and locally
* An annual allowance is provided for personal development with relevant
books, conferences or training courses
* A flat organization with self-managing teams and open communication
* Opportunity for part-time employment
* You are the king of your computer - whether it’s  on Linux, Mac OS or
Windows, we won’t restrict you in choosing the software you believe best
to get your job done
* Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and coffee

We welcome both male and female applicants that wish to become part of
the success story in our highly motivated team.  The stated position is
available for full-time as well as part-time employment. The minimum
salary on the basis of a full-time role is € 60,000 gross per annum.
Considerable over-payment is possible for ideal candidates with relevant
experience and qualifications.

## How to Apply

Note that even though it is beneficial if you already are legally
eligible to work in Austria, we’ll gladly assist with the required
paperwork to obtain a work permit if needed.

If interested, please send your informative and convincing cover letter
and CV to jobs***AT***timetac.com answering the following questions

* Why would this position be a great fit for you?
* What makes you think you’ll make a great impact on TimeTac?
* How can we see some of your best work?

We’re particularly curious about your GitHub / GitLab / Bitbucket
profiles but also about other social profiles (eg. Twitter, LinkedIn).