Newsarchiv LOGO

Mail Index

Senior Full Stack Web Developer (m/f)

Date Wed, 17 Apr 2019 08:31:48 +0000 (UTC)
From Gerald Senarclens de Grancy <gerald.senarclens***AT***timetac.com>
Subject Senior Full Stack Web Developer (m/f)
Newsgroups tu-graz.anzeigen.arbeitsmarkt
Organization Technische Universitaet Graz
User-agent Pan/0.144 (Time is the enemy; 28ab3ba git.gnome.org/pan2)
Xref archive tu-graz.anzeigen.arbeitsmarkt:11797

# Senior Full Stack Web Developer (m/f)

TimeTac is hiring a full stack web developer! Be an important part of our
engineering department, contributing to one of our scrum teams. Help to
define, plan, implement, test and release the most sought-after features
of our web-based time tracking software. Your work really matters.
TimeTac’s solutions already make a positive impact on more than 100,000
parallel users worldwide.

## About our Culture

### Respect and Appreciation

Positive appreciation for colleagues is an important basis for our
cooperation. Respect and openness towards other cultures, mutual support
and a friendly working relationship are essential for successfully
working together.

### Collaboration and Trust

Mutual trust allows us to develop and innovate. To achieve mutual trust,
we establish reliability, honesty, openness and regular communication in
our work.

### Customer and Success Orientation

We see no conflict of interests with a relaxed, friendly working
environment and professional work. Happiness in the workplace, ambition
and continual development are the prerequisites for perfect software
solutions and satisfied customers.

## Your Future Role

As part of one of our scrum teams, you and your future team are covering
the complete development process from feature refinement until their
release. Your team collaborates with one of our on-premise product owners
during the entire sprint cycle to frequently ship outstanding product
increments. You embrace agile development practices and will help shape
the future of our products.

You should be passionate about implementing complete features together
with your team. Your team’s work spans everything from backend business
logic to usability improvements. Each of your team’s product increments
is released shortly after being done. You help satisfying our customers’
need for a reliable and enjoyable product. The following are your core
responsibilities:

* Conception and development of features for the TimeTac product line
* Increase auto-test coverage of our product
* Active participation in scrum team meetings (our working language is
English)
* Ensure high quality of our product-line via bug-fixing and testing
* Optimize our software for performance and reliability
* Contribute to improving our development and deployment workflows
* Continuous learning to stay on top of your game
* Use the continuously improving infrastructure provided by our devops
* Harness our modern metrics and logging infrastructure

Ideally, you will offer

* Experience in JavaScript application frameworks like ExtJS
* A track record of implementing back-end applications with PHP and MySQL
* Profound experience working with REST APIs

We’re not expecting expertise in each category. You’ll be working with a
team of talented engineers that are willing and able to help and
collaborate. This position allows you to learn something new every day.
In the end we’re looking for someone who has a passion for writing
software that matters, and helps to build a world-class system at scale.

## Our Stack

**JavaScript, Ext JS, HTML and CSS** - frontend web development
**PHP (Symfony), MySQL, Redis** - backend REST API development
**Debian, CoreOS** - deployed operating systems
**Jenkins, BitBucket, Docker** - continuous integration and deployment
**PHP, Python, Bash, Go** - scripting and automation
**Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK stack), Prometheus** -
monitoring

We use git, JIRA, Slack, Google Docs and Google Meet to get our work done.

## How We Work

Being part of TimeTac’s engineering team means you'll be executing your
craft and shipping improvements every day, so this isn't a management
position. Our staff values and embraces agile software development
practices. We want our engineers to make an impact on the TimeTac
products. This means you're not just implementing other’s specifications.
We expect a high level of engagement with decision-making.

All internal communication is done in English. You are expected to
propose, develop and defend ideas, make suggestions and communicate these
in designated meetings. We value mutual consensus.

We do code-reviews, pair-programming, and use every opportunity to teach
and learn.

## About You

Above all, you enjoy building things. And you have experience doing so -
whether that’s applications, libraries or plugins.

You’re both a teacher and a learner. You’re not afraid to ask for help or
to admit when someone may know more than you. You are thankful for
others’ help and have the desire to help others level up. You are
comfortable communicating in English.

You have experience working with cross-functional teams and are a good
communicator. You can document a problem, and clearly outline a solution.
You’re not afraid to distill things into plain English for teammates.

You want to work on a product you can be proud of that impacts thousands
of people.

## About TimeTac

TimeTac is a continually growing and innovative software company with a
focus on developing and providing web-based and mobile time tracking
solutions. The products of TimeTac are among the leading cloud
applications in the categories of time tracking and absence planning
solutions in the German speaking markets.

Based in Graz, Austria, TimeTac was founded in 2003 and has been steadily
growing. We have always put particular care in selecting employees to not
only be highly skilled but also match with and share the values of our
culture. We come from 11 different countries and speak 9 different
languages. All internal communication is done in English.

At TimeTac, all of us have gotten to know each other, have grown together
and enjoy working with each other. Our growth happens organically. We are
completely independent of external investors and are building a product
and organization we are proud of and want to keep improving on.

## Benefits & Compensation

* Exciting tasks as part of a highly skilled and motivated team
* An open and personal working environment with mutual respect and
appreciation
* A modern office in the city centre of Graz with great facilities, in-
house and locally
* An annual allowance is provided for personal development with relevant
books, conferences or training courses
* A flat organization with self-managing teams and open communication
* Opportunity for part-time employment
* You are the king of your computer - whether it’s  on Linux, Mac OS or
Windows, we won’t restrict you in choosing the software you believe best
to get your job done
* Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and coffee

We welcome both male and female applicants that wish to become part of
the success story in our highly motivated team.  The stated position is
available for full-time as well as part-time employment. The minimum
salary on the basis of a full-time role is € 42,000 gross per annum.
Considerable over-payment is possible for ideal candidates with relevant
experience and qualifications.

## How to Apply

Note that even though it is beneficial if you already are legally
eligible to work in Austria, we’ll gladly assist with the required
paperwork to obtain a work permit if needed.

If interested, please send your informative and convincing cover letter
and CV to jobs***AT***timetac.com answering the following questions

* Why would this position be a great fit for you?
* What makes you think you’ll make a great impact on TimeTac?
* How can we see some of your best work?

We’re particularly curious about your GitHub / GitLab / Bitbucket
profiles but also about other social profiles (eg. Twitter, LinkedIn).