Re: EEF File Format

From: Alois Schloegl <alois.schloegl ***AT***tugraz.at>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 09:00:17 +0200
Subject: Re: EEF File Format
Newsgroups: tu-graz.biosig

Yiqing Liang wrote:

Hi!
Arnaud Delorme <mailto:arno***AT***salk.edu> recommend that I talk to you to see if I can get some help about EEG file format. I am new into the EEG technology. THe first thing I came across is that I have some EEG files. How I can use a software to read that file since I do not know its format all? Does it mean that I have to take try-and-erro to figure out the format first, and then write some code to read it? Is there anything that can facilitate this process? Thanks, --Yiqing Liang Yiqing Liang, Ph.D.
Clever Sys. Inc.
11480 Sunset Hills Road, Suite 210W
Reston, VA 20190
tel: 703-787-6946
fax: 703-757-7467
http://www.cleversysinc.com

Hi,

try using the BIOSIG-tools http://biosig.sf.net. It has an autodetection for many signal dataformats.
An overview of supported formats is avalable at:
http://www.dpmi.tu-graz.ac.at/%7Eschloegl/biosig/TESTED

The latest release is BIOSIG.070. It works with Matlab and Octave.

HDR = sopen('yourfilename'); HDR=sclose(HDR);
HDR.TYPE contains the type of the file.

[data,HDR]=sload('yourfile'); % loads the data into your workspace.

Kind regards,
  Alois

Dr. Alois Schlögl
Institute for Human-Computer Interfaces