Newsarchiv LOGO

Mail Index

Re: EEF File Format

Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 09:00:17 +0200
From Alois Schloegl <alois.schloegl***AT***>
Subject Re: EEF File Format
Newsgroups tu-graz.biosig
Organization Technische Universitaet Graz
References <001f01c491ff$788708a0$0100a8c0@aloha>
In-reply-to <001f01c491ff$788708a0$0100a8c0@aloha>
To Yiqing Liang <yqliang***AT***>
User-agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
Xref archive tu-graz.biosig:1

Yiqing Liang wrote:

Arnaud Delorme <mailto:arno***AT***> recommend that I talk to you to see if I can get some help about EEG file format. I am new into the EEG technology. THe first thing I came across is that I have some EEG files. How I can use a software to read that file since I do not know its format all? Does it mean that I have to take try-and-erro to figure out the format first, and then write some code to read it? Is there anything that can facilitate this process? Thanks, --Yiqing Liang Yiqing Liang, Ph.D.
Clever Sys. Inc.
11480 Sunset Hills Road, Suite 210W
Reston, VA 20190
tel: 703-787-6946
fax: 703-757-7467

try using the BIOSIG-tools It has an autodetection for many signal dataformats.
An overview of supported formats is avalable at:

The latest release is BIOSIG.070. It works with Matlab and Octave.

HDR = sopen('yourfilename'); HDR=sclose(HDR);
HDR.TYPE contains the type of the file.

[data,HDR]=sload('yourfile'); % loads the data into your workspace.

Kind regards,

Dr. Alois Schlögl
Institute for Human-Computer Interfaces
University of Technology Graz