Newsarchiv LOGO

Mail Index

Re: EEF File Format

Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 13:56:54 +0200
From Robert Oostenveld <roberto***AT***>
Subject Re: EEF File Format
Newsgroups tu-graz.biosig
Organization Technische Universitaet Graz
References <001f01c491ff$788708a0$0100a8c0@aloha> <>
In-reply-to <>
User-agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040421
Xref archive tu-graz.biosig:3

This was actually the reason for me (in my own read_fcdc_data/header wrapper that you might recall) to implement a separate detection, i.e. the filetype.m function. That function gives back a meaingfull description, but also can be used to test whether a file is of a particular type. It was inspired on the very nice general unix command "file" (see

PS Alois: this message is mainly intended to try out whether I can post to the group, so I don't expect any follow up.

Yiqing Liang wrote:
files. How I can use a software to read that file since I do not know its format all? Does it mean that I have to take try-and-erro to figure out the format first, and then write some code to read it? Is there anything that can facilitate this process? Thanks, --Yiqing Liang