Re: EEF File Format

From: Alois Schlögl <alois.schloegl ***AT***tugraz.at>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 19:05:11 +0200
Subject: Re: EEF File Format
Newsgroups: tu-graz.biosig

The identification of the file format is now implemented in a separate function (GETFILETYPE.M). It's uploaded to the CVS-repository.

Alois

Robert Oostenveld wrote:
Hi,

This was actually the reason for me (in my own read_fcdc_data/header wrapper that you might recall) to implement a separate detection, i.e. the filetype.m function. That function gives back a meaingfull description, but also can be used to test whether a file is of a particular type. It was inspired on the very nice general unix command "file" (see http://linux.ctyme.com/man/man0754.htm).

regards,
Robert

PS Alois: this message is mainly intended to try out whether I can post to the group, so I don't expect any follow up.

Yiqing Liang wrote:

files. How I can use a software to read that file since I do not know its format all? Does it mean that I have to take try-and-erro to figure out the format first, and then write some code to read it? Is there anything that can facilitate this process? Thanks, --Yiqing Liang